Time Is Money

I have only heard one person in Buzzy’s Country Store state that he likes it getting darker earlier with the time recently having been set back an hour.  Pretty much everyone else in Buzzy’s has stated that they don’t like it getting dark at 5 o’clock.  (Keep in mind that Buzzy polling is similar to polling in general in that the “anti’s” always seem to be much more vocal on any given issue than are those “pro” folks who either don’t care one way or the other or are supportive of the issue.  The anti’s always seem to be much more anti than the pros are pro.)  

Thus, it sent me to the google machine to try and see how the public at large felt about the twice-a-year time changes.  I found that only about 28% of folks say that they like the shifting of the time with the remaining 72% wanting no time changes.  The 72% split 40% in favor of keeping Standard Time (what we are on now) and 32% wanting Daylight Saving Time made permanent (click here.)   Coincidently, or not so, Congress is considering a bipartisan bill that would make DST permanent (click here.)  The golfing industry alone estimates that they could make an extra $400 million a year with that extra hour of daylight.  Given that ringing endorsement, this bill stands a good chance of passing.  It should be noted too that 19 states are currently considering or have already passed legislation to make DST permanent (click here.)  I am thinking that this might be an idea whose “time” has come.  Pardon the pun.

I heard a quote the other day that life is a matter of time, health and money and while you may or may not run out of money, your health will ultimately fail you and you are always, most definitely going to eventually run out of time.  Enjoy what you got while you got it.

Good version of this Guess Who tune sung by Burton Cummings.  That’s D.C. hometown local hero Nils Lofgren ripping it on the solo:

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: